Greek Week steps to the music of the movies
Each year, Greek Week ends with the Stepshow, which is an event where different teams made up of fraternities and sororities work together to compete to see who has the best performance and who are the overall winners of the week. The show was held on Apr. 6 at 7 p.m., and the performances each had their own themes, which were “Titanic,” “Ghostbusters,” “Dirty Dancing,” “Willy Wonka” and “Little Rascals.” The winner was the “Willy Wonka” performance. This team was made up of Phi Mu, Kappa Sigma and Theta Chi who were also the first place winners for the week. Cierra Heckmann, a senior kinesiology major who played Willy Wonka in their performance shared what winning the evening was like knowing it will be her last stepshow.
“It feels really good to win honestly,” said Heckmann. “Coming from a senior, it feels really good to end the semester on a note like this and to know that all the hard work we put in and late nights, tears and sweat was worth it in the end.”
Alec Jones, a junior marketing major and the one who played Roomie in their performance also talked about what the win meant to him and what he specifically liked about performing in the show.
“Last year, it was prolonged because of the flood,” said Jones. “We started this year with a flood too, so there was a lot of setbacks for us, but it’s always good to come out on top. I really like the adrenaline, but hey, that might be just me. I think this is my third one. It’s something I really like to do. It’s something to get me away from my normal life and give me something different, so it’s definitely a lot of fun.”
Jones then shared what the show means to him and how he feels Greek Week benefits those who participate.
“I think Greek Week isn’t just about individual teams,” said Jones. “Honestly, I think it’s just about every Greek coming together. We see a lot of faces we don’t see normally during the school year and that’s really what it’s all about. Just getting everyone together.”
Heckmann also talked about what representing her sorority onstage means to her and what she particularly enjoyed about participating in Greek Week.
“It really is a one of a kind experience to not only perform but to do it for something you hold so close to your heart like your fraternity or sorority,” said Heckmann. “And you know winning’s always a plus. Making memories with your friends and other organizations and making memories with people that you didn’t know before and growing in relationship with people not in your sorority or not in your fraternity is really what I think this is all about. It was a really good final Greek Week for me. I can say honestly I’ll miss it all.”
The second place winners were Sigma Sigma Sigma, Kappa Alpha and Alpha Phi Alpha with their performance of “Dirty Dancing.” Alpha Omicron Phi, Theta Zi and Pi Kappa Alpha placed third with “Little Rascals.”
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- HRAC holds annual Membership Gala
- Bunko for Basketball makes a comeback
- The Contemporary Art Gallery displays senior work for final semester exhibition
- Three victories for track and field at LSU
- The Southeastern Promise to implement rate freeze for incoming freshmen
- From Iraq to Broadway: Marsh shares his accounts of being in the military and...
- Alumni Association holds Golden Silence for deceased alumni
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum