Couple arrested in narcotics sting
PONCHATOULA - Thanks to a collaboration between the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office and St. John the Baptist Sheriff's Office, deputies have arrested two Ponchatoula residents for allegedly being in possession of narcotics.
Allen Zydallas, of 28446 Vintage Lane, was arrested during a traffic stop, in which 1 pound of marijuana was found in his vehicle, after narcotics agents from both agencies conducted a narcotics search warrant of his home, according to Tangipahoa Sheriff Daniel Edwards.
During the investigation, Edwards said agents found that large amounts of marijuana were allegedly being distributed from Zydallas' home to a number of locations throughout St. John's Parish.
After searching the home entirely, agents found approximately 7.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 50 grams of cocaine, prescription medication, digital scales, packaging material and $4,644 in cash.
According to Edwards, the value of the narcotics and cash exceeded $12,900.
At Zydallas' home, agents found Sandra Ann Zydallas, as well as a four year-old juvenile child. Also, agents later found out that two other juveniles live at the Zydallas home. Edwards said all of the narcotics taken from the home were located where anyone of the children living at the home could have accessed them.
Zydallas is currently incarcerated at the St. John the Baptist Parish Jail and will be transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after being released.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the juvenile child was placed into custody of a family member.
Both are being charged with one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, one count of possession of Legend Drug without a prescription and three counts of illegal use and possession of drugs in the presence of a person under the age of 17.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the child was placed into custody of a family member.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- How has playing a collegiate sport impacted you?
- Communication seniors share research at colloquium
- Students collaborate with local businesses for final project
- Franklinton’s Shane Smith joins Lions as assistant coach
- Track & Field athletes claim titles and records at SLC Championships
- A look behind the scenes
- Unpaid internships can help direct our futures
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016