Couple arrested in narcotics sting
PONCHATOULA - Thanks to a collaboration between the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office and St. John the Baptist Sheriff's Office, deputies have arrested two Ponchatoula residents for allegedly being in possession of narcotics.
Allen Zydallas, of 28446 Vintage Lane, was arrested during a traffic stop, in which 1 pound of marijuana was found in his vehicle, after narcotics agents from both agencies conducted a narcotics search warrant of his home, according to Tangipahoa Sheriff Daniel Edwards.
During the investigation, Edwards said agents found that large amounts of marijuana were allegedly being distributed from Zydallas' home to a number of locations throughout St. John's Parish.
After searching the home entirely, agents found approximately 7.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 50 grams of cocaine, prescription medication, digital scales, packaging material and $4,644 in cash.
According to Edwards, the value of the narcotics and cash exceeded $12,900.
At Zydallas' home, agents found Sandra Ann Zydallas, as well as a four year-old juvenile child. Also, agents later found out that two other juveniles live at the Zydallas home. Edwards said all of the narcotics taken from the home were located where anyone of the children living at the home could have accessed them.
Zydallas is currently incarcerated at the St. John the Baptist Parish Jail and will be transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after being released.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the juvenile child was placed into custody of a family member.
Both are being charged with one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, one count of possession of Legend Drug without a prescription and three counts of illegal use and possession of drugs in the presence of a person under the age of 17.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the child was placed into custody of a family member.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Lions travel to Baton Rouge to take on no. 3 LSU
- Lady Lions continue losing skid in Southland play
- Love yourself, be drug-free
- Theta Chi to launch community healthy, safety plan
- Jackson leads Lions over ACU
- Sorority makes prom dreams a reality
- Psychologists suggest new stage of development: ‘emerging adulthood’
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone