Couple arrested in narcotics sting
PONCHATOULA - Thanks to a collaboration between the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office and St. John the Baptist Sheriff's Office, deputies have arrested two Ponchatoula residents for allegedly being in possession of narcotics.
Allen Zydallas, of 28446 Vintage Lane, was arrested during a traffic stop, in which 1 pound of marijuana was found in his vehicle, after narcotics agents from both agencies conducted a narcotics search warrant of his home, according to Tangipahoa Sheriff Daniel Edwards.
During the investigation, Edwards said agents found that large amounts of marijuana were allegedly being distributed from Zydallas' home to a number of locations throughout St. John's Parish.
After searching the home entirely, agents found approximately 7.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 50 grams of cocaine, prescription medication, digital scales, packaging material and $4,644 in cash.
According to Edwards, the value of the narcotics and cash exceeded $12,900.
At Zydallas' home, agents found Sandra Ann Zydallas, as well as a four year-old juvenile child. Also, agents later found out that two other juveniles live at the Zydallas home. Edwards said all of the narcotics taken from the home were located where anyone of the children living at the home could have accessed them.
Zydallas is currently incarcerated at the St. John the Baptist Parish Jail and will be transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after being released.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the juvenile child was placed into custody of a family member.
Both are being charged with one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, one count of possession of Legend Drug without a prescription and three counts of illegal use and possession of drugs in the presence of a person under the age of 17.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the child was placed into custody of a family member.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Graduates reach reporting goals
- Golfer James Anstiss takes home LGA Amateur Championship
- Sports lineup will remain due to budget cuts, Title IX
- Recruitment continues across all sports
- Masters captures moments close to heart
- Roberts brings football players together as family
- Ensure facts when spreading news
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board