Couple arrested in narcotics sting
PONCHATOULA - Thanks to a collaboration between the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office and St. John the Baptist Sheriff's Office, deputies have arrested two Ponchatoula residents for allegedly being in possession of narcotics.
Allen Zydallas, of 28446 Vintage Lane, was arrested during a traffic stop, in which 1 pound of marijuana was found in his vehicle, after narcotics agents from both agencies conducted a narcotics search warrant of his home, according to Tangipahoa Sheriff Daniel Edwards.
During the investigation, Edwards said agents found that large amounts of marijuana were allegedly being distributed from Zydallas' home to a number of locations throughout St. John's Parish.
After searching the home entirely, agents found approximately 7.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 50 grams of cocaine, prescription medication, digital scales, packaging material and $4,644 in cash.
According to Edwards, the value of the narcotics and cash exceeded $12,900.
At Zydallas' home, agents found Sandra Ann Zydallas, as well as a four year-old juvenile child. Also, agents later found out that two other juveniles live at the Zydallas home. Edwards said all of the narcotics taken from the home were located where anyone of the children living at the home could have accessed them.
Zydallas is currently incarcerated at the St. John the Baptist Parish Jail and will be transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after being released.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the juvenile child was placed into custody of a family member.
Both are being charged with one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, one count of possession of Legend Drug without a prescription and three counts of illegal use and possession of drugs in the presence of a person under the age of 17.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the child was placed into custody of a family member.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Vigil held for Alumnus Yugesh Shakya
- Rain or shine, the Hammond Smokin’ BBQ Challenge raged on
- In the Lion Light: A spotlight on campus organizations
- Face-to-face engagements connect students to potential employers
- Understanding Lion’s Lagniappe and who is involved off campus
- Roomie the Lion to get new look
- Lights, Cameras, get ready for the return of Greek Week
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Amateur Athletes Seek Non-Opioid Pain Relief
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards