Couple arrested in narcotics sting
PONCHATOULA - Thanks to a collaboration between the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office and St. John the Baptist Sheriff's Office, deputies have arrested two Ponchatoula residents for allegedly being in possession of narcotics.
Allen Zydallas, of 28446 Vintage Lane, was arrested during a traffic stop, in which 1 pound of marijuana was found in his vehicle, after narcotics agents from both agencies conducted a narcotics search warrant of his home, according to Tangipahoa Sheriff Daniel Edwards.
During the investigation, Edwards said agents found that large amounts of marijuana were allegedly being distributed from Zydallas' home to a number of locations throughout St. John's Parish.
After searching the home entirely, agents found approximately 7.25 pounds of marijuana, approximately 50 grams of cocaine, prescription medication, digital scales, packaging material and $4,644 in cash.
According to Edwards, the value of the narcotics and cash exceeded $12,900.
At Zydallas' home, agents found Sandra Ann Zydallas, as well as a four year-old juvenile child. Also, agents later found out that two other juveniles live at the Zydallas home. Edwards said all of the narcotics taken from the home were located where anyone of the children living at the home could have accessed them.
Zydallas is currently incarcerated at the St. John the Baptist Parish Jail and will be transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after being released.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the juvenile child was placed into custody of a family member.
Both are being charged with one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, one count of possession of Legend Drug without a prescription and three counts of illegal use and possession of drugs in the presence of a person under the age of 17.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was arrested and the child was placed into custody of a family member.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Business Week gives perspective to students
- The library should be a quiet place, not a place to loiter
- Homecoming should not be during midterms
- Enjoy each and every day to the fullest no matter what
- ‘The Big Apple’ wins float competition
- Participants of 5K paint run get messy
- Delta Omicron gives back to the community one can at a time
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Content Agency Provides the Best Bang for Your...
- Easy Ways to Make Your Media Space More Enjoyable
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- DePauw Student Wins $15K Scholarship to Study in New Zealand
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!