North Campus raided during Isaac
Lions defensive tackle Devin Boutwell and members of the MANEiacs group show passion at a Lady Lions volleyball game. MANEiacs currently has over 40 members and plans to exceed over 200 students. Ryne Berthelot
When the University's campus was evacuated to escape the strong wind and rain of Hurricane Isaac, several unknown persons allegedly burglarized the Southeastern Oaks apartment complex. The Alpha Omicron Pi sorority house in the Greek Village was also broken into.
According to incident reports provided by the University Police Department (UPD), residents of Southeastern Oaks' buildings three, five and six reported burglary, criminal damage or unauthorized entry to their apartment. Of the nine reports, four came from building five, three from building six and one from building three. The crimes were reported as students returned to their residences after the storm between Aug. 30 and Sept. 3.
"At this point the investigation is ongoing," said Rene Abadie, director of public information. "Right now the UPD is reviewing security camera footage, but, unfortunately, some of the cameras were knocked out by the storm."
The UPD has asked that anyone with information regarding the break-ins contact them at 985-549-2222.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Lady Lions softball wins three games in Lion Classic tournament
- Senior Day ends with Lions third at home loss
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Lady Lions on Senior Day
- Lions take home five wins at LSU Twilight
- Harlem Globetrotters are coming to campus
- Lions look to build momentum early after first loss
- Annual jazz festival honors alumnus Bill Evans
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program