Volunteers needed for Super Bowl Sunday
The part-time job fair offered students the opportunity to find employment from local business vendors. Allison Crady
Intern for The Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation, Jeff Bell, is recruiting volunteers for Southeastern Day at the NFL Experience event the weekend before Superbowl XLVII. The NFL's interactive theme park offers football clinics, games, autograph sessions and the largest ever football memorabilia show. Southeastern Day will give students a chance to be part of one of the biggest events New Orleans has had to offer since 1997, when the Green Bay Packers defeated the New England Patriots.
"Myself and another intern, we teamed up and decided to recruit students on Southeastern's campus and try to get them involved in this great event," Bell said. "We got a little over 900 so far."
Southeastern Day, a day for students, faculty and staff alike, will take place Saturday, February 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. There is no limit as to how many people can participate, and signing up is very easy. Visit www.bit.ly//SELUSuperBowlVols and click the blue register button in the middle of the page. Enter you information and choose an orientation to attend, then a confirmation email will be sent your way.
"Students who sign up will get free Superbowl swag, including a free polo, hat and bag," Bell said. "Also, there will be free parking and snacks for volunteers on the day of the event. And after the Superbowl is all said and done, we will have a volunteer appreciation party with free entertainment, alcohol and food."
The location of the volunteer appreciation party is still unknown, but Southeastern Day will be held at the Ernest Morial Convention Center. There, volunteers will help in a wide range of activities including keeping lines in order, providing visitors with information, helping children with the game equipment and more.
"It's a very family friendly atmosphere, where kids interact with playgrounds and play games. They can be with their families and meet retired football players. There will also be a trading card station," Bell said. "We need all the help we can get."
Requirements for volunteers include being 18 years of age, they must attend an orientation event in regards to NFL guidelines and each person must work two shifts. The entirety of Southeastern Day will count for two shifts, so participants should wear comfortable shoes because they will be on their feet majority of the day. The deadline is Dec.10. For more information about volunteering for this fun event, follow Southeastern Day on Twitter @SoutheasternDay, or visit www.ec.volunteer.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates