Hammond man arrested by undercover narcotics agents
Carmen Bray, Director of University Police Department. Allison Crady
HAMMOND - The Hammond Police Department arrested a suspect who allegedly sold undercover officers heroin.
New Orleanian Kevin Richard, 23, of 1460 Athis St. was arrested after Hammond Police, along with agents from the Tri-Parish narcotics division, met with him looking to buy heroin, according to Public Information Officer Lt. Vincent Giannobile.
Investigators met with Richard, according to Giannobile, in Manchac, Louisiana, where the purchase of the drug was made.
Afterwards, police attempted to arrest Richard, but he fled from the scene, striking two police units. Eventually, according to Giannobile, Richard was stopped and arrested by police.
Richard was charged with Distribution of Schedule 1 narcotics, two counts of aggravated criminal damage to property, hit and run, reckless operation and resisting arrest.
Richard was sent to the Hammond Jail where he was booked, then taken to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Vigil held for Alumnus Yugesh Shakya
- Rain or shine, the Hammond Smokin’ BBQ Challenge raged on
- In the Lion Light: A spotlight on campus organizations
- Face-to-face engagements connect students to potential employers
- Understanding Lion’s Lagniappe and who is involved off campus
- Roomie the Lion to get new look
- Lights, Cameras, get ready for the return of Greek Week
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Amateur Athletes Seek Non-Opioid Pain Relief
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards