Hammond PD looking for ATM thieves
Senior quarterback Nathan Stanley answers questions at the 2012 Media Day. Stanley is expected to be the starter over fellow senior quarterback Brian Young. Christopher Martin
HAMMOND - The Hammond Police Department is investigating an attempted theft and criminal damage to property after two suspects tried to break into an Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
According to Public Information Officer Lt. Vincent Giannobile, two black males attempted to gain entry into an ATM at the Capital One Bank at 1200 Southwest Railroad Ave.
Capital One Bank officials first contacted Hammond Police after reviewing footage in which the suspects used a blowtorch to break into the ATM outside the bank, but failed.
Footage of the suspects shows one wearing an orange hooded sweatshirt and protective facial gear. The second suspect was carrying what Giannobile described as a welding torch with a gas tank on his back.
The Hammond Police are asking if anyone can identify these two suspect, to call Crime Stoppers of Tangipahoa at 1-800-554-5245or call the Hammond Police Department Investigation Division at 985-277-5743.
Callers will rename anonymous to receive the cash reward.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Lady Lions softball wins three games in Lion Classic tournament
- Senior Day ends with Lions third at home loss
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Lady Lions on Senior Day
- Lions take home five wins at LSU Twilight
- Harlem Globetrotters are coming to campus
- Lions look to build momentum early after first loss
- Annual jazz festival honors alumnus Bill Evans
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program