Hammond PD looking for ATM thieves
Senior quarterback Nathan Stanley answers questions at the 2012 Media Day. Stanley is expected to be the starter over fellow senior quarterback Brian Young. Christopher Martin
HAMMOND - The Hammond Police Department is investigating an attempted theft and criminal damage to property after two suspects tried to break into an Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
According to Public Information Officer Lt. Vincent Giannobile, two black males attempted to gain entry into an ATM at the Capital One Bank at 1200 Southwest Railroad Ave.
Capital One Bank officials first contacted Hammond Police after reviewing footage in which the suspects used a blowtorch to break into the ATM outside the bank, but failed.
Footage of the suspects shows one wearing an orange hooded sweatshirt and protective facial gear. The second suspect was carrying what Giannobile described as a welding torch with a gas tank on his back.
The Hammond Police are asking if anyone can identify these two suspect, to call Crime Stoppers of Tangipahoa at 1-800-554-5245or call the Hammond Police Department Investigation Division at 985-277-5743.
Callers will rename anonymous to receive the cash reward.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Bunko for Basketball makes a comeback
- The Contemporary Art Gallery displays senior work for final semester exhibition
- Three victories for track and field at LSU
- The Southeastern Promise to implement rate freeze for incoming freshmen
- From Iraq to Broadway: Marsh shares his accounts of being in the military and...
- Alumni Association holds Golden Silence for deceased alumni
- Riser to miss three home games
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum