Southeastern to host student appreciation tailgate and pep rally Dec. 4
Members of the Student Publications editorial staff listen intently during the keynote speech with journalist Helen Thomas. Rande Robinson
HAMMOND - Southeastern Louisiana University will host a student appreciation tailgate and pep rally at the War Memorial Student Union Park Wednesday, Dec. 4, in anticipation of the Lions' first playoff game scheduled later in the week.
The event, which will include food, drinks and entertainment, will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is also open to community fans of the Lion Nation.
"We want to express our appreciation to our students and fans for their support over this successful football season as well as pump up some extra spirit as we prepare for our first playoff game in Strawberry Stadium on Saturday (Dec. 7)," said Erin Cowser, executive director of the Office of Governmental and Public Affairs.
The sole champion of the Southland Conference, the 10-2 Southeastern team was awarded the No. 4 national seed and is making its first-ever appearance in the NCAA Division I Football Championship playoffs. The Lions received a first-round bye and a second round home game where they will be matched up with the winner of the game between Southland Conference rival Sam Houston State and Southern Utah of the Big Sky Conference.
The party will include a brief address from head football Coach Ron Roberts and drawings for t-shirts, tickets to the game, and other give-aways. Fans will also have the opportunity to pose and take pictures with the Southland Conference trophy.
Cowser said the university bookstore will also be offering for sale new Southeastern apparel, including Southland Conference championship shirts and the university's "In It to Win It" commemorative playoff run t-shirt.
All Southeastern football playoff information, including details on purchasing tickets, can be found at LionSports.net/playoffs2013. Tickets are also available by visiting the office in the Dugas Center for Athletics, located on the corner of W. Dakota Street and Galloway Drive.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates