Southeastern to host student appreciation tailgate and pep rally Dec. 4
Members of the Student Publications editorial staff listen intently during the keynote speech with journalist Helen Thomas. Rande Robinson
HAMMOND - Southeastern Louisiana University will host a student appreciation tailgate and pep rally at the War Memorial Student Union Park Wednesday, Dec. 4, in anticipation of the Lions' first playoff game scheduled later in the week.
The event, which will include food, drinks and entertainment, will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is also open to community fans of the Lion Nation.
"We want to express our appreciation to our students and fans for their support over this successful football season as well as pump up some extra spirit as we prepare for our first playoff game in Strawberry Stadium on Saturday (Dec. 7)," said Erin Cowser, executive director of the Office of Governmental and Public Affairs.
The sole champion of the Southland Conference, the 10-2 Southeastern team was awarded the No. 4 national seed and is making its first-ever appearance in the NCAA Division I Football Championship playoffs. The Lions received a first-round bye and a second round home game where they will be matched up with the winner of the game between Southland Conference rival Sam Houston State and Southern Utah of the Big Sky Conference.
The party will include a brief address from head football Coach Ron Roberts and drawings for t-shirts, tickets to the game, and other give-aways. Fans will also have the opportunity to pose and take pictures with the Southland Conference trophy.
Cowser said the university bookstore will also be offering for sale new Southeastern apparel, including Southland Conference championship shirts and the university's "In It to Win It" commemorative playoff run t-shirt.
All Southeastern football playoff information, including details on purchasing tickets, can be found at LionSports.net/playoffs2013. Tickets are also available by visiting the office in the Dugas Center for Athletics, located on the corner of W. Dakota Street and Galloway Drive.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor