Southeastern to host student appreciation tailgate and pep rally Dec. 4
Members of the Student Publications editorial staff listen intently during the keynote speech with journalist Helen Thomas. Rande Robinson
HAMMOND - Southeastern Louisiana University will host a student appreciation tailgate and pep rally at the War Memorial Student Union Park Wednesday, Dec. 4, in anticipation of the Lions' first playoff game scheduled later in the week.
The event, which will include food, drinks and entertainment, will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is also open to community fans of the Lion Nation.
"We want to express our appreciation to our students and fans for their support over this successful football season as well as pump up some extra spirit as we prepare for our first playoff game in Strawberry Stadium on Saturday (Dec. 7)," said Erin Cowser, executive director of the Office of Governmental and Public Affairs.
The sole champion of the Southland Conference, the 10-2 Southeastern team was awarded the No. 4 national seed and is making its first-ever appearance in the NCAA Division I Football Championship playoffs. The Lions received a first-round bye and a second round home game where they will be matched up with the winner of the game between Southland Conference rival Sam Houston State and Southern Utah of the Big Sky Conference.
The party will include a brief address from head football Coach Ron Roberts and drawings for t-shirts, tickets to the game, and other give-aways. Fans will also have the opportunity to pose and take pictures with the Southland Conference trophy.
Cowser said the university bookstore will also be offering for sale new Southeastern apparel, including Southland Conference championship shirts and the university's "In It to Win It" commemorative playoff run t-shirt.
All Southeastern football playoff information, including details on purchasing tickets, can be found at LionSports.net/playoffs2013. Tickets are also available by visiting the office in the Dugas Center for Athletics, located on the corner of W. Dakota Street and Galloway Drive.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Lion's Roar News Articles
Recent The Lion's Roar News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE LION'S ROAR
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE LION'S ROAR NEWS
RECENT THE LION'S ROAR CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Prevent Water Damage And Cut Insurance Costs
- How to Sit Through a Movie in Comfort
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'