Southeastern to host student appreciation tailgate and pep rally Dec. 4
Members of the Student Publications editorial staff listen intently during the keynote speech with journalist Helen Thomas. Rande Robinson
HAMMOND - Southeastern Louisiana University will host a student appreciation tailgate and pep rally at the War Memorial Student Union Park Wednesday, Dec. 4, in anticipation of the Lions' first playoff game scheduled later in the week.
The event, which will include food, drinks and entertainment, will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is also open to community fans of the Lion Nation.
"We want to express our appreciation to our students and fans for their support over this successful football season as well as pump up some extra spirit as we prepare for our first playoff game in Strawberry Stadium on Saturday (Dec. 7)," said Erin Cowser, executive director of the Office of Governmental and Public Affairs.
The sole champion of the Southland Conference, the 10-2 Southeastern team was awarded the No. 4 national seed and is making its first-ever appearance in the NCAA Division I Football Championship playoffs. The Lions received a first-round bye and a second round home game where they will be matched up with the winner of the game between Southland Conference rival Sam Houston State and Southern Utah of the Big Sky Conference.
The party will include a brief address from head football Coach Ron Roberts and drawings for t-shirts, tickets to the game, and other give-aways. Fans will also have the opportunity to pose and take pictures with the Southland Conference trophy.
Cowser said the university bookstore will also be offering for sale new Southeastern apparel, including Southland Conference championship shirts and the university's "In It to Win It" commemorative playoff run t-shirt.
All Southeastern football playoff information, including details on purchasing tickets, can be found at LionSports.net/playoffs2013. Tickets are also available by visiting the office in the Dugas Center for Athletics, located on the corner of W. Dakota Street and Galloway Drive.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- How has playing a collegiate sport impacted you?
- Communication seniors share research at colloquium
- Students collaborate with local businesses for final project
- Franklinton’s Shane Smith joins Lions as assistant coach
- Track & Field athletes claim titles and records at SLC Championships
- A look behind the scenes
- Unpaid internships can help direct our futures
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016