AWS holds smashing benefit to attend conference
Matthew Koshak, above, a junior at Christ Episcopal School who was taking a break from a campus tour, takes his try at the battered car. Nicole Koster
Industrial technology instructor Anthony Blakeney helps give to the AWS cause. Nicole Koster
The American Welding Society of Southeastern plans on attending the Fabtech conference this November, and in an effort to raise funds for travel expenses, they sold pulled pork sandwich lunches for $8 and gave students a chance to release some stress with a car bash. It was $1 for three hits and $5 for unlimited hits.
Fabtech is North America's largest metal forming and welding event for industrial technology industry professionals and aspiring professionals. This year the conference will take place in Chicago, Ill at the McCormick Place from Nov. 18-21.
"We'll participate in welding seminars, and they show off new technology," said AWS president James Dugger.
A panel discussion this year will focus on the growing problem of workplace development, which many manufacturers face in today's global economy. Stacey DelVecchio, manager of product development and global technology for Caterpillar will be one of the many industry professionals in attendance to speak on the issue.
"Since our chapter of the AWS is comprised mostly of students majoring in industrial technology there is great educational value in attending [the conference]," said AWS member and junior industrial technology major Nick Abney, "and enlightening ourselves of the most recent developments and products in our chosen field of study. This experience will allow us to be better prepared for any career opportunities that come our way."
For more information about AWS contact James Dugger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Prenatal Vitamin Your Mom Wishes She Had
- Help Find the Best Cancer Treatments for Kids
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE