AWS holds smashing benefit to attend conference
Matthew Koshak, above, a junior at Christ Episcopal School who was taking a break from a campus tour, takes his try at the battered car. Nicole Koster
Industrial technology instructor Anthony Blakeney helps give to the AWS cause. Nicole Koster
The American Welding Society of Southeastern plans on attending the Fabtech conference this November, and in an effort to raise funds for travel expenses, they sold pulled pork sandwich lunches for $8 and gave students a chance to release some stress with a car bash. It was $1 for three hits and $5 for unlimited hits.
Fabtech is North America's largest metal forming and welding event for industrial technology industry professionals and aspiring professionals. This year the conference will take place in Chicago, Ill at the McCormick Place from Nov. 18-21.
"We'll participate in welding seminars, and they show off new technology," said AWS president James Dugger.
A panel discussion this year will focus on the growing problem of workplace development, which many manufacturers face in today's global economy. Stacey DelVecchio, manager of product development and global technology for Caterpillar will be one of the many industry professionals in attendance to speak on the issue.
"Since our chapter of the AWS is comprised mostly of students majoring in industrial technology there is great educational value in attending [the conference]," said AWS member and junior industrial technology major Nick Abney, "and enlightening ourselves of the most recent developments and products in our chosen field of study. This experience will allow us to be better prepared for any career opportunities that come our way."
For more information about AWS contact James Dugger at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LIONSROARNEWS NEWS
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections