AWS holds smashing benefit to attend conference
Matthew Koshak, above, a junior at Christ Episcopal School who was taking a break from a campus tour, takes his try at the battered car. Nicole Koster
Industrial technology instructor Anthony Blakeney helps give to the AWS cause. Nicole Koster
The American Welding Society of Southeastern plans on attending the Fabtech conference this November, and in an effort to raise funds for travel expenses, they sold pulled pork sandwich lunches for $8 and gave students a chance to release some stress with a car bash. It was $1 for three hits and $5 for unlimited hits.
Fabtech is North America's largest metal forming and welding event for industrial technology industry professionals and aspiring professionals. This year the conference will take place in Chicago, Ill at the McCormick Place from Nov. 18-21.
"We'll participate in welding seminars, and they show off new technology," said AWS president James Dugger.
A panel discussion this year will focus on the growing problem of workplace development, which many manufacturers face in today's global economy. Stacey DelVecchio, manager of product development and global technology for Caterpillar will be one of the many industry professionals in attendance to speak on the issue.
"Since our chapter of the AWS is comprised mostly of students majoring in industrial technology there is great educational value in attending [the conference]," said AWS member and junior industrial technology major Nick Abney, "and enlightening ourselves of the most recent developments and products in our chosen field of study. This experience will allow us to be better prepared for any career opportunities that come our way."
For more information about AWS contact James Dugger at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Victory over SFA leads to homecoming anticipation
- Lions scrimmage build chemistry
- Homecoming Week is underway
- Lee’s to reopen with nostalgic changes
- Columbia Theatre host ‘Beethoven in Blue Jeans’
- APO cleaned the Vonnie Borden before the doors open for a new university...
- Orientation leader application deadline is approaching
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
- Stem Cells, Biologics Could Be Answer to Next Generation...
- How Will You Remember the Most Important Moments of Your...
- Listos para la aventura con Elena de Avalor
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS