AWS holds smashing benefit to attend conference
Matthew Koshak, above, a junior at Christ Episcopal School who was taking a break from a campus tour, takes his try at the battered car. Nicole Koster
Industrial technology instructor Anthony Blakeney helps give to the AWS cause. Nicole Koster
The American Welding Society of Southeastern plans on attending the Fabtech conference this November, and in an effort to raise funds for travel expenses, they sold pulled pork sandwich lunches for $8 and gave students a chance to release some stress with a car bash. It was $1 for three hits and $5 for unlimited hits.
Fabtech is North America's largest metal forming and welding event for industrial technology industry professionals and aspiring professionals. This year the conference will take place in Chicago, Ill at the McCormick Place from Nov. 18-21.
"We'll participate in welding seminars, and they show off new technology," said AWS president James Dugger.
A panel discussion this year will focus on the growing problem of workplace development, which many manufacturers face in today's global economy. Stacey DelVecchio, manager of product development and global technology for Caterpillar will be one of the many industry professionals in attendance to speak on the issue.
"Since our chapter of the AWS is comprised mostly of students majoring in industrial technology there is great educational value in attending [the conference]," said AWS member and junior industrial technology major Nick Abney, "and enlightening ourselves of the most recent developments and products in our chosen field of study. This experience will allow us to be better prepared for any career opportunities that come our way."
For more information about AWS contact James Dugger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities