Homecoming Court announced for 2013
Above is the 2013 Homecoming Court. Laci Monet, Branden Summers, Devonte Bryant, Bonnie Lavigne, Jonathan Duhon, Virginia Stevenson, Zac Maurer, Taylor Newsom, Crystal Gonzalez, Ciara Reed, Anna Espey, Myles David Haydel, Jeremy Lloyd and Ryan Zellner. Nick BeJeaux
On Oct. 2 the excitement of Homecoming started when students gathered in the Student Union to hear the announcement of 2013 Homecoming court. The Student Government Association tried to change things up this year by making an open voting system to allow more opportunities for students to vote on their own time.
"The elections turned out phenomenal this year," said Tim Reling, SGA justice in charge of elections "We have never had this many people come out to vote. We tripled our numbers from last year's election."
According to the numbers from the last open election, they were 700 short of votes as opposed to the outcome from this year's election. Another advantage of the open voting system was that it made campaigning easier for the candidates to use social media as propaganda. Some changes that SGA would like to make for next year's election is updating the system and explaining more of the rules for campaigning. Out of all the students that ran, 14 were nominated to be on the court.
"I am so excited," said Laci Monet Sherman a kinesiology major. "I have always wanted to be on Homecoming court."
The Homecoming parade, football game and court presentation will take place on Oct. 26.
Myles Haydel, communication sciences and disorders major said he is very "excited to represent Southeastern on homecoming day with my peers and winning the crown would mean so much to me." The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at the game in Strawberry Stadium on Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. against Lamar.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- How has playing a collegiate sport impacted you?
- Communication seniors share research at colloquium
- Students collaborate with local businesses for final project
- Franklinton’s Shane Smith joins Lions as assistant coach
- Track & Field athletes claim titles and records at SLC Championships
- A look behind the scenes
- Unpaid internships can help direct our futures
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016