Homecoming Court announced for 2013
Above is the 2013 Homecoming Court. Laci Monet, Branden Summers, Devonte Bryant, Bonnie Lavigne, Jonathan Duhon, Virginia Stevenson, Zac Maurer, Taylor Newsom, Crystal Gonzalez, Ciara Reed, Anna Espey, Myles David Haydel, Jeremy Lloyd and Ryan Zellner. Nick BeJeaux
On Oct. 2 the excitement of Homecoming started when students gathered in the Student Union to hear the announcement of 2013 Homecoming court. The Student Government Association tried to change things up this year by making an open voting system to allow more opportunities for students to vote on their own time.
"The elections turned out phenomenal this year," said Tim Reling, SGA justice in charge of elections "We have never had this many people come out to vote. We tripled our numbers from last year's election."
According to the numbers from the last open election, they were 700 short of votes as opposed to the outcome from this year's election. Another advantage of the open voting system was that it made campaigning easier for the candidates to use social media as propaganda. Some changes that SGA would like to make for next year's election is updating the system and explaining more of the rules for campaigning. Out of all the students that ran, 14 were nominated to be on the court.
"I am so excited," said Laci Monet Sherman a kinesiology major. "I have always wanted to be on Homecoming court."
The Homecoming parade, football game and court presentation will take place on Oct. 26.
Myles Haydel, communication sciences and disorders major said he is very "excited to represent Southeastern on homecoming day with my peers and winning the crown would mean so much to me." The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at the game in Strawberry Stadium on Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. against Lamar.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!