Police Reports from May 13 to June 2
Senior pole vaulter Kovey Simmons earned All-American Honors for the second time in as many years Saturday at the NCAA Championships in Des Moines, Iowa. Tony Romain
Dates and times are when the incident was reported:
5/14/2012 at 12:41 p.m. - An employee reported a theft from vehicle (E. Student Union Lot).
5/16/2012 at 8:10 p.m. - Auto crash. No injuries were reported at the scene. One of the driver's was issued a Misdemeanor Summons for criminal damage for causing additional damage (University Center).
5/18/2012 at 12:50 p.m. - An employee reported a hit and run (Textbook Rental Lot).
5/19/2012 at 5:19 p.m. - A student reported a burglary of a motor vehicle (Parking Garage).
5/24/2012 at 8:22 p.m. - A non student driver was issued a state citation for no seatbelt and driving under suspension. Subject was also arrested for outstanding warrants. The non student passenger was issued a Misdemeanor Summons for simple possession of marijuana (University Ave.).
5/25/2012 at 6:53 p.m. - A non student was issued a state citation for no seatbelt and for two no child restraints (N. Oak St. at Carter St.).
5/26/2012 at 8:13 p.m. - A non student was issued a state citation for no seatbelt, no child restraints and driving under suspension (N. Oak St. at Carter St.).
5/26/2012 at 11:14 p.m. - A non student was arrested for failing to stop for police officers, driving under suspension and driving while intoxicated. Subject was transported to Hammond Police Department (N. Oak St. at Carter St.).
5/28/2012 at 8:50 a.m. - A non student was issued a state citation for driving under suspension and wrong way on a one way (N. Oak St. at Carter St.).
5/30/2012 at 8:48 p.m. - A non student was arrested for no seatbelt, driving while intoxicated and simple possession of marijuana (N. Oak St. at Carter St.). Subject was transported to Hammond Police Department.
6/2/2012 at 3:47 p.m. - A non student was issued a state citation for driving under suspension and stop sign violation (Texas Ave. at N. General Pershing). Subject was also arrested for outstanding warrants and was transported to Tangipahoa Sheriff's Office.
6/2/2012 at 10:44 p.m. - A student reported unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling (Southeastern Oaks).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Award winning Eisenhower company to visit the Columbia Theatre
- CAB celebrates Pi Day with student made pizzas
- Hammond BBQ challenge is more than meets the eye
- CAB turns lights out for an afternoon of laser tag
- Future teachers experience dyslexia simulation to foster understanding
- Press Club trivia tournament offers midsemester break for students
- University Police to host women’s self-defense class
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses