Sign up for Emergency Alert System
The university has changed contracts and will be switching to a new Emergency Alert System by Everbridge. Faculty and students who are signed up for the old system should be carried over to the new one, and anyone who is not yet signed up is encouraged to do so.
“The university has entered into a system-wide contract with Everbridge to provide a comprehensive suite of communications services for the Southeastern Emergency Alert System,” said Erin Cowser, executive director of Public and Governmental Affairs.
The Emergency Alert System is set up to notify faculty, staff and students when classes are canceled for inclement weather among other special circumstances.
In order to receive Emergency Alert information, all students, faculty and staff are urged to go to the Emergency Notification tab on the bottom left of their LeoNet or Peoplesoft account. All university email addresses are automatically registered in the system; however, in order to receive text, voice or additional email messages, individuals must input their contact information.
Information provided here will only be used for Southeastern Emergency Alert System notifications. All personal information is private and will not be shared.
“The safety and wellbeing of our Southeastern family is of paramount importance,” said Cowser. “Making sure your contact information is correctly entered in the Southeastern Emergency Alert System will help us to communicate should threats arise, whether they be weather related or involving a situation of imminent danger.”
Everyone is encouraged to include more than one means of contact so that there are multiple ways to receive important information. Students are allowed to include the phone number and email of a parent, guardian or spouse as one of the “other” options if they wish.
The Southeastern Emergency Alert System sends regular test messages to ensure the system is working properly. Otherwise, notices will only be sent to provide information vital to safety and university closures.
After signing up, texts and emails will be sent to confirm registration. These messages will provide instructions that direct users to additional information.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More lionsroarnews News Articles
Recent lionsroarnews News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LIONSROARNEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT LIONSROARNEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE